How to Deep Clean a Carpet Without a Steam Cleaner
Pro 2 Clean Group knows a thing or two about how to deep clean a carpet. In this article we will show you a easy carpet cleaning method that uses a vacuum cleaner plus baking soda or dish soap.
Cleaning agents needed: Baking soda or dish soap (alternatively, you can use the same product used in steam cleaners)
Tools needed: Old toothbrush, brush, clean rag or towel, and bucket
Here are the steps for how to clean your carpet without a steam cleaner:
- Get a bucket of warm water and your preferred cleaning tool ready.
- Vacuum the entire area you wish to clean to get rid of dirt and dust.
- If using baking soda, sprinkle the stain until completely covered. If using dish soap, measure the stain’s size, and use 1 tablespoon per 6 to 8 inches of stain.
- Swoosh it around until you see bubbles.
- Using an old brush, toothbrush, rag, or towel, gently scrub the stain with warm water.
- Do not completely soak the floor, just make it wet enough to scrub away the dirt/stain.
- Turn on any fans, or open nearby windows to allow carpet to air dry.
- Once dry, vacuum again.